There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love,
but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be.
Pearl S. Buck

Thursday, July 23

A COVID LIFE - Begins


Monday, I was on the phone with a friend, or was it Wednesday? I actually think it was Tuesday.  Sigh. Without a rigid work or school schedule, it's difficult to keep track of during COVID. I reached out to discuss some thoughts with her about a situation I am navigating. During my voice mail, I stated, "This is a result of living 'A COVID Life'." Then I started pondering, "What does that mean? How much has it altered or shown up with work and in my personal life? Should I document it via my own voice and art?" As a result, this series was coined... "A COVID Life" - a biweekly or even daily account of my life during COVID 19 times. 

The idea hasn't been completely fettered out, but it will contain random stories from my neighborhood, around the country, around the world, and largely, my own free-range weirdness. Images taken during these times of how we cope will also be included. Images I gather from online I feel that give us insight into what is happening. And some personal art of mine, that may define how I see and perceive the changes. Of course, we will be wanting to hear what people say and how others are coping.

Overall this is a historical common man/woman collection of this huge paradigm shift we are the middle of, and the new ways we are learning to socialize, work, educate, and live! (ZOOM ZOOM!!!)

Mystery Science Theater 3000 – IFC

Episode One: Noticing a personal, random, and terrifying reality.

The actor walked across the scene, and as I watched this, he stated something like, 'Let's go inside.' Upon which I added, "We need to be sexy in another location." This is one of those aha moments when you say, to yourself,  "OMG! I said that out loud? What am I doing with my life?"  Obviously, I am ANNOYED (and amused) at the amount of time I talk to inanimate objects, and/or the films and various series I am watching while in quarantine. It's a bit terrifying to be laughing at myself more than getting freaked out by this. 

It is almost like I have come to the 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' portion of my life being so bored by bad scripting and dialogue that is prevalent in American film/tv, I verbally rewrite the active dialogue. And technically I am NOT a writer for a living, but who knows? This is could be the start of a whole new career for me! I think I need a robot. 

~ Stay tuned to "A COVID Life" for more.~

No comments:

Post a Comment