There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love,
but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be.
Pearl S. Buck

Monday, June 29

Insecurity - in various forms

Today I am struggling with a huge weight on my heart. I have decided to make a small investment in myself and my business. It's scary but exciting. What this has brought up for me is the lifelong untruth, "I am not going to succeed because I am not worthy."

The endeavors I undertake are often burdened with the underlying oppression of 'I am not worthy'. This thought leads next to, I won't be able to accomplish what I have promised to do, or what I have chosen to do. Of course none of this is actually true, its just what my soul/mind falls into as a trap to not accomplish anything.

As a water sign, Pisces, I tend to wallow in the sorrow, and just flail around when these feelings start to overwhelm me. I am an emotional being at a DNA level, so this struggling against the river wears me out. I often just go with the flow. NOT a great way to deal with situations that are falsely oppressive, such as the mantra, 'I am not worthy'. Because obviously I am worthy. 

I don't need to spend another thousand hours in therapy to KNOW this about myself. I don't need to dive into it every day to see... where is it coming from. What I need is a statement (that actually I developed when I first started this war against that premise.) I am worthy of love and success. That's all there is to it. It is THAT simple. 

Choosing to believe that instead of just snacking and crying, thats the battle. 

2 comments:

  1. You are WORTHY! Such a talent and so humble. Be the warrior you are lovely lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the affirmation. I am going to keep fighting because its what I have to do as a mother and a human. xoxoxo

      Delete