There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love,
but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be.
Pearl S. Buck

Friday, October 2

A COVID Life - PSA


There have been days during the COVID Life where the conversation between me and the computer has been overly animated... or the router, or the tape dispenser... you get the idea. Working on my stress management with inanimate object dialogue, but what if?

This isn't the first time I have mentioned this during the COVID pandemic either.  The use of my time in critiquing the 'shows' I watch is not well spent, and practice in dialogue rewrites which actually could pan out in real-time conversations with potential clients. (or so I tell myself). 

Presenting your ideas to those that are wanting to know what your service offerings are is definitely an art that organically shifts landscapes from client to client, even in a niche field. The communication needs of each vary depending upon their environmental experience, education, and years in business. Whether the client knows what they want from a creative, or even HOW to get what they want from a creative!

I am actively cultivating a services list based on my experience. A term that is becoming more familiar now as 'productized services'. The goal is to try to create a full agency feeling from a single entity freelance business. This hopefully will lead to partnering with support people that are of equal experience who can help balance out your weaker sides. But how to even get started still comes from a 'conversation', an engagement of words. 

I have been a freelancer for quite some time but as a sole designer, production, and admin. This brought around a certain amount of exhaustion, and that lead me to the desire to find an easier more linear way to do my business. 

Someone I work with sent me an email saying, "Someone else here is seeking out a similar partner situation as you! Are you interested in meeting them?" 

This lead to a very lovely but initially awkward meeting with someone that I hope to partner with. After the 'let's get to know each other' part, we got on the same page. Learning to navigate situations like this will require consistent 3 party conversations. I hope to not get stuck in what I feel I know, and what I still have to learn around the business, sharing a creative space where we both have a say that can balance the requirements. 

Thankfully the tech world is a beautiful thing and it keeps us connected in lockdown refining these skills and practicing on your inanimate objects because technically it's all atoms anyway. Eventually, the exact right grouping will lead to a successful culmination and presentation. So in a more abstract and not solid form way, I hope this regrouping of energy leads us to bring visually appealing and market-savvy solutions for people's businesses, including our own.  

I have huge gratitude for all the atoms that have supported me during COVID!!! or been there to stub my toe, or let me sleep on them.. or... hahaha

Thankfully its Friday. Time to accomplish some downtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment