There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love,
but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be.
Pearl S. Buck

Thursday, September 10

A COVID LIFE - I am a Client

Here's Some Memes to Help You Manage Expectations | PRLab: Student-Staffed  Public Relations Agency

As I am working through my steps to upgrading my business offerings, I came to a very valid revelation! I am a CLIENT!


I have been a freelancer since 2011, when the ‘final straw’ was placed into the camels back and I was set free to ramble on my own creative path.


I am thankful to have such a life as a single mother I could make my own hours, and have time for my child. Consequently, a large part of my energy was spent focusing on the needs of others, and creating a proper business profile was on the back burner. This conditioning created a work ethic that was prevalent for a few years. A survivalist mode that kept me running and jumping at everyones request, no matter my personal needs. Peace of mind for clients, family and friends was the MO. 


With COVID slowing everyone down for business, I found the opportunity to dive into my desires of upgrading my skill set and buckling down to create a well rounded professional services business. This lockdown provided the freedom to develop a plan, focus on my ‘wants’, and start educating myself to the industry changes. My chance to be seen in a more professional and authoritative light. 


That being said, there is still a lingering “knee jerk response” to my clients demands even when I am in the middle working on building my business. But today, knowing I am on a personal deadline, I realized something important. I even said out loud, “I am a CLIENT!!” I proceeded to allow myself to feel that internally and demand that as a boundary to hold tight. I can arrange client work and include myself in that schedule, and relieve the energetic disruption of ‘client first’ because I am one.


AND understanding that we each want to have more comfortable and adult experiences with clients, this is a necessary action for my sanity. It will also benefit my clients because I am showing a level of respect to my brand by creating and continually updating a platform that is trust worthy, helpful and authoritative. With the ultimate goal of continuing to grow nurturing and responsive business relationships that bring added value to the world with integrity. 


So, I am not really a Verruca Salt but, I am my own client! I will stomp my little flip flops down the road to making that a permanent goal for myself. 


I am so grateful for all those that have administered assistance to me in gaining and growing knowledge. I intend to spread that around as I grow as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment