There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love,
but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be.
Pearl S. Buck

Friday, August 7

A COVID Life - Obstacles by Choice

105 - How to Overcome Obstacles, Beat High Performer Anxiety, and ...

This has become a question I ask before saying yes to any new project. Away from the old regime of handling business and heading into the new has been my primary focus since lockdown in March 2020.

Methods? Wake up, see the wall, dismantle the wall sounds simple. A black and white methodology for accomplishing business. Right? But then your mind gets distracted by emotions, and choices start presenting themselves in a combination that adds a LOT of greys. Time to restructure and explore.

During COVID 19 being in lockdown, this life inside walls has reduced our free-range human wanderings. It has also presented to us silver linings... Confinement, Confusion = Creation. My pure creativity is something I have neglected when distracted by my preCOVID life. Last on the list by choice. 

We have an increased amount of screen time, internet, and social media, I began to notice a rise in images of personal creations by friends and strangers. Choosing to find creative ways to pass the time, ie; the food they made, or clothes, paintings, beauty tips, intuitive, churches, engineers, woodworkers, local artisans, et.al. I became inspired!

As a professional (cough cough) artist, I  felt a surge of the need to update my skillset and now was the time to accomplish it! A few years ago, I began watching Behance (Adobes Learning platform). This choice was to observe work by other designers, also to gather intel. How far behind was I? I chose not to focus on that. 

As we went into shutdown, the choice was removed. The majority of business has relocated to a digital platform. I am in that world, time to beef up. YIKES!! My requirements to educate and assimilate escalated quickly. Thankfully this obstacle was capable of being circumvented!

In I went, accessing LinkedIn, Behance, YouTubers, and the list of my online webinars and is deep. BUT is this a distraction? or an asset? Most often I feel like I go down the rabbit hole of information and gather data that is just put in storage, but is that a good use of my time? What was that choice assisting me with?

I had an epiphany moment in one of my ramblings with my current business coach. I realized how many obstacles I present myself in order to keep from accomplishing things in life. Presented with a nifty planner, and my trusty graph paper moleskin made this transition easier to choose because I was armed with tools that made me smile when I held them. 

One of my first entries during my new business model is to remind myself that I can choose which task is next! Suggestions from the coaches in my life;
• Schedule it out, know when you are available mind and heart for whatever choice you are making
• Live your life by your personal rhythm which will only enhance the use of your skills in your business.
• Opportunites are everywhere, be open to what you may not think possible.

All the choices we have made in this life are leading us to opportunity or in a direction that may distract you!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment