There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love,
but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be.
Pearl S. Buck

Friday, November 20

A COVID LIFE - Creativity - Drawing - ART!

Today is only art. Things that I have pulled out of my swirly creative mind into colors and content. 

These images are a bit of a collection from a journaling class that started in March 2020, the beginning of lock down. I didn’t know what else to do with my time and signed up for an Art Journaling class. This proved to serve me well in the beginning. But consequently, it took my curiosity on a wild ride of online lessons regarding the software I use currently for work, so the journaling got left in the dust.

The following images are from a series of classes that were centered around archetypes and feelings. 

ANGER

.


This one is ... a spiraling chaos with a name, I don’t like anger. Its not my thing. I fear the rage that exits my mind when it rises in me, so this is something I will revisit over and over again to release the pressure. LIke when I think about the disregard of the POTUS around all the deaths and disease ..etc


THE MYSTIC - MEDICINE WOMAN

.


This archetype is more a picture of my soul. Where I typically reside, although I may appear to be something else in the social scheme, this is a momentary capture of a consistent fluctuation. My spirit is definitely animal based, and oddly brings me a connected feeling to the planet. 



JOY



Ok. So many people will look at this and NOT feel joy. BUT my ADHD mind finds this oddly soothing and happy. The consistency of it, the method used to create it allowed a very peaceful hour in my life. It makes me think of music, lights, love, and culture. It reminds me of my time living in big cities! I have done many of this style. To me? This is like looking at a picket fence... Homey, and familiar.  


I hope you enjoyed this little display of a few things pulled from the mind of me.

Its sometimes a bit scary to show off what lurks in the shadows of a creative mind, but thats part of the beauty of life. Knowing your vision may inspire others to allow their inner sanctum to be transparent and stated, ultimately leading to a confidence that can only come from ourselves. 

ALL ORIGINAL WORK OWNED AND COPYRIGHTED 2020
Melanie Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment